Square Enix has announced that even after taking 2 months , they upcoming game Final Fantasy 15 will still have a 7GB Day One Update.
Titled ‘Crown Update’, Square Enix says patch 1.01 for Final Fantasy XV is “the result of some additional time for development since mastering the full game.” In addition to minor bug fixes, it includes camera improvements, new scenes from Kingsglaive, an ability tree for Wait Mode, Twitter and Facebook support, and more:
- Improvements to the camera with new options to better assist and track the action in tight space and to improve visibility during battles
- New event scenes and scenes from Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV and the “Omen” trailer have also been added to the game to make the story and timeline of events easier to follow for newcomers
- The addition of an ability tree for the “Wait Mode” function which improves the strategic element of this feature
- Players can obtain the “Beast Whistle” which can be used to call monsters to battle
- A wider variety of recipes and fish with an addition of a gallery for completionist players who enjoy collecting items
- Implementation of social media support, allowing the photos Prompto takes along your journey to be uploaded to Facebook and Twitter
Because of those early copies going out, Game Director Hajime Tabata sent out this message, warning players of spoilers being posted online and saying Square Enix will do everything they can to prevent the unauthorized footage from appearing:
The November 29th release date is approaching and I sincerely hope everyone enjoys this game with a fresh state of mind. Unfortunately, there has been an unauthorized distribution of the boxed edition of Final Fantasy XV in select regions and we have noticed that gameplay footage from people playing these copies has appeared online. Though this type of situation is brought on by various region specific circumstances and may not be something that is completely avoidable, we are very regretful of this situation.
One of the major goals of Final Fantasy XV is for everyone to enjoy the story and to discover the surprises together through the simultaneous worldwide release. Due to these recent events, videos with unexpected spoilers could potentially be posted online, so we would like to warn everyone who has been waiting in anticipation for this game.
We will also do everything in our capacity to prevent unauthorized footage from appearing online. We would also like to ask anybody that has obtained an early copy of the game to be respectful to those that are looking forward to the official release and to not spoil the surprises for everyone.
A large and dedicated team have worked extremely hard to make this game and to create a Final Fantasy that everyone can enjoy. It would be a huge regret for us if the excitement of the launch was to be spoiled for so many when we are so close to release.
Your understanding and cooperation would be much appreciated so we can celebrate the best possible release together.
Have you Pre-ordered the game ? tell us in the comments and be ready to read Mindracker review of Final Fantasy 15 in few days.